TheDock comes as a theme for WordPress, so a working installation of WordPress will be needed before installing TheDock.
Once your WordPress installation is up and running and you have downloaded your purchased version of TheDock from ThemeForest, you need to locate the file thedock.zip from the downloaded package.
Using The WordPress Admin Dashboard follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress dashboard
- Click 'Add New' followed by the 'Upload Theme'
- Locate the thedock.zip file you extracted from the ThemeForest download archive and click 'Install Now'
- Once the theme is installed, an automatic procedure for install the 'TheDock – Builder' plugin will initiate. In the eventuality of a failure in this procedure, you can always install the plugin manually via Appearance > TheDock Addons.
- A new WordPress Admin menu item called 'TheDock' will appear. You are now ready to enter TheDock.